Whole-Home Generator Services in North Carolina
Serving the Sanford, Fayetteville, Raleigh/Durham, Greensboro, Winston-Salem, & Charlotte Areas
Power outages happen from time to time, and while most are resolved quickly, outages during powerful summer thunderstorms, hurricanes, or ice storms may last hours or even days. To ensure your family is comfortable and protected during those times, consider a whole-home generator from our team at Comfort First Heating & Cooling.
We install and service standby generators from Briggs & Stratton, and we can recommend the best model for your needs. With more than 50 years of experience, our team is dedicated to your comfort. Choose our team for skilled, certified technicians, upfront pricing, and quality work backed by comprehensive guarantees.
Benefits of Installing a Whole-Home Generator
Compared to portable generators, standby generators offer homeowners several important benefits, including:
- Automatic operation: Whole-home generators use an automatic transfer switch that senses when the power is out, starts the generator, and transfers the electrical load in a matter of seconds, ensuring as little disruption as possible.
- Power for your entire home: A whole-home generator can power everything from your HVAC systems and refrigerator to stoves, medical devices, emergency radios, and internet devices.
- Safe, secure wiring: Whole-home generators are permanently wired into your home, with no need for extension cords like portable generators.
- Permanent fuel supply: There’s no need to refuel during outages. Your whole-home generator can power your home for extended periods.
Whole-Home Generator Installation & Replacement
Installing a whole-home generator requires skill and experience. The generator must be sized correctly for the home’s electrical needs, mounted securely, and wired properly.
To ensure your generator is safe and ready for an emergency, choose professional whole-home generator installation from our team at Comfort First. We can upgrade your electrical panel to ensure it’s generator-ready and install long-lasting, high-quality standby generators from industry-leading manufacturer Briggs & Stratton.
With sizes ranging from 10 kilowatts to over 26 kilowatts of output, Briggs & Stratton generators offer all the power you need with a reliable commercial-grade engine, weather-resistant enclosure, and a great warranty.
Standby Generator Repair & Maintenance
Comfort First provides generator repair and maintenance for systems we’ve installed. We’re always available when you need us most for:
When you have a problem with your whole-home generator, call our team at Comfort First for fast, expert repairs. Some signs that you may need standby generator repair include:
- Trouble starting
- Short run times and premature shutdowns
- Excessive noise or vibration from your generator
- Smoky exhaust or odd fumes
- Inconsistent or unreliable power
Our team will diagnose the problem quickly and offer the best solutions for your budget. Call 800-279-4822 or reach out online to schedule whole-home generator repairs in the Fayetteville, Durham, or Chapel Hill area.
Make sure your generator is reliable and ready for a power outage with whole-home generator maintenance from our experts at Comfort First.
By servicing your generator often, you can enjoy great benefits like:
- A longer service life for your generator
- Fewer breakdowns and repairs
- More efficient fuel usage
- Early repair detection
- Improved generator reliability
Trust Comfort First for Whole-Home Generator Services in NC
Whether you need to power life-saving medical devices, keep food cold, or just stay comfortable during a power outage, a whole-home generator is worth the investment for your North Carolina home.
With Comfort First, you can ensure you get the best service to keep your generator reliable and efficient. We offer financing options and ensure quality installation procedures to make installing a whole-home generator as seamless as possible.
With our excellent reviews and a focus on customer satisfaction, you can expect high-quality, professional results with every service.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does it cost to have a whole-house generator installed?
The cost to install a standby generator will depend on a number of factors, including:
- The size of the generator
- If the site needs to be prepared and concrete poured
- If a fuel tank needs to be installed or a connection established to existing utilities
- Any improvements that need to be done to the electrical panel, like adding a transfer switch and new wiring
- Materials, equipment, and permits
How big of a generator do I need to run my entire house?
To determine the size of the generator you need to run your home, you need to consider:
- What appliances do you want to operate in the event of a power loss?
- What wattage do they need to run?
- What is the total amount of wattage needed for all of the selected appliances to operate?
How long does it take to install a whole house generator?
It will generally take two full days to have a whole-house generator installed. If a concrete foundation is necessary, it will take an extra day or two for the concrete to dry.
They did exactly what they said they would do when they said they would do it. Wow!!! is all I can say. If you are looking for a seamless process, then these guys are who you are looking for. ...
Kyle and Joel from Comfort First were very kind, considerate and professional when they performed our annual standby generator maintenance. Everything was completed in a timely manner and exceeded the standard.
Excellent Generator Install. The Comfort First Generator Install team did an excellent job installing a generator at our home! They were professional and very respectful.
Excellent all-around generator install experience; the initial call, the sales meeting, the installation guys, the communication, the pricing... everything was/is perfect, I will highly recommend and use Comfort First again without hesitation.
I would like to express my appreciation to the crew that came out to install my Emergency Generator on one of the Worst Days this year. It was "POURING" rain most of the day but that did not deter ...