Winters in Raleigh, NC and Chesapeake, VA can be brutal. In fact, the average Raleigh winter will feature temperatures just below freezing, meaning homeowners have to do their part to keep their families warm all winter long.
But it’s not just their families they need to be concerned with this winter. Your heating and AC systems also have to endure the freezing temperatures, sleet and rain. Winter can wreak havoc on your furnace. So while you may get to take a rest from your yard work for a few months, one task you know you should take care of when cold weather is just ahead is having your furnace serviced.
WHY IT’S SO IMPORTANT TO SERVICE YOUR FURNACE IN NORTH CAROLINA AND VIRGINIA
Most heating and cooling experts recommend that your furnace be serviced and maintained annually to prevent an unwanted failure or breakdown during the winter – when our dependency of our furnaces increase dramatically. However, what most experts don’t recommend is that you wait until a cold snap to schedule your maintenance. If you wait until then:
- Your furnace might already incur damage from the cold
- You might have to wait longer than usual (or pay more than expected) due to the high demand
There are countless benefits for having your furnace serviced regularly, including:
- Your system’s energy efficiency will be maintained. Expert technicians, like those at Comfort First in NC and VA, are able to ensure that your furnace operates at its top efficiency throughout the winter, which will help you save on heating expenses.
- Inspections uncover hidden problems. Even if it seems like your furnace is in tip-top shape, a full inspection will allow our technicians to find potential issues and resolve them before they become expensive problems.
- Keep your home and family safe. Furnaces, by their very nature, burn some type of fuel to produce heat. Cracks and leaks around the fuel area could cause an extremely unsafe scenario for you and your family. Our technicians will inspect all aspects, including heat exchanger, gas burner, and gas valve calibration, to ensure that your system will keep you safe all year long.
- Maintain your warranty. As part of your manufacturer’s warranty, you’re likely required to have your furnace serviced at least once per calendar year. Not upholding your end of the bargain will result in a voided warranty.
SERVICING YOUR FURNACE TO PREPARE FOR THE WINTER IS ALL ABOUT PUTTING YOUR COMFORT FIRST
Properly caring for your furnace offers countless perks, and annual service is an integral part of proper care. When you allow us to service your heating and AC systems, we can help you keep your home comfortable all winter (and summer) long. In addition, spending a little bit of money each year on inspections is a sure-fire way to save on costlier (and untimely) repairs later on.
Want to learn more about how to keep your family safe and warm all winter long? The heating and cooling technicians at Comfort First (in Raleigh, NC and Chesapeake, VA) have the expertise and passion to ensure your furnace is prepared for whatever Mother Nature has in store.
Contact us today to learn more about how we can keep you warm all winter long.