Don’t Let Allergens And Dust Get You Down – Get Your Indoor Air Quality Checked!
A lot of the talk in the news is about the air pollution outside our front doors. Smog. Exhaust. You name it, and it’s a concern for everyone who walks outside and takes in a deep breath.
While these concerns are valid, they steer the attention away from a health concern that’s closer to the hearts and homes of folks throughout the Outer Banks and Raleigh, NC: indoor air quality.
Ever since the 1970s, homes have been built tighter in an effort to conserve energy. But that tight construction reduces ventilation, traps indoor air pollutants inside your home, and could, in fact, be making you sick.
Seeing as most folks in North Carolina spend 90% of their time indoors (between work, school, and home) it’s clearly important that the indoor air you breathe isn’t negatively impacting your health.
- The quality of indoor air can be two to five times more polluted than the air outdoors
- The EPA has ranked indoor air pollution among the top five environmental dangers
- There has been an alarming increase in the number of children with severe allergies and asthma, and poor indoor air quality is a direct link
SOURCES OF INDOOR AIR POLLUTION: EVERYWHERE YOU LOOK
Studies performed by the EPA have shown that indoor air pollution is an issue for homeowners, regardless of location (ranging from dense urban cities to rural towns).
Some of the sources of this pollution include:
- Combustion sources (gas, oil, kerosene, wood stoves, fireplaces, tobacco smoke)
- Building materials (insulation, carpet, cabinetry, pressed-wood products)
- Chemical products (cleaning products, personal care products, glues)
- Outdoor sources (radon, pesticides, pollen)
- Other (pet dander, dust mites, mold, virus)
Don’t ignore your home’s potential indoor air quality problem. The first step toward enjoying a fresher breath of air is to get your indoor air quality checked by a trained air specialist in North Carolina.
A trained specialist will assess your air quality and offer a free estimate to help you and your family get on the road toward cleaner air.
Here at Comfort First (with locations in Raleigh and the Outer Banks) we help our clients improve their indoor air quality through a variety of ways, including:
- Air Filtration Systems: We’ll install the most advanced filtration systems to your new or old AC/heating unit, which can provide instant relief from indoor allergens.
- Ultraviolet Light Technology: UV systems have been shown to reduce germs, bacteria, and allergens by as much as 99%. Many of our clients choose to install these systems as they’re both affordable and easy to install.
- Carbon Monoxide Monitoring: Carbon monoxide is a silent killer. The only way to know that your air is safe from this gas is to install properly working sensors.
You and your family deserve to breathe fresh, clean air inside your home. But many homeowners throughout N.C. have no idea the quality of their indoor air.
It’s time to change that. Contact the Comfort First team today to get your indoor air checked and to see what steps you can take to protect the health of the people who matter most in your life.
What a great experience. Each and everyone that we had come out to our home from AJ who helped us pick out the system that was best for our home to the installers the spent almost a whole day ...
Extremely efficient and professional. Took the time to walk me through the process and to answer questions. I would highly recommend Comfort First Heating and Cooling.
Absolutely AWESOME! These guys knew what they were doing, had a plan, and executed it. The customer’s satisfaction was always paramount to any issues that arose. It was evident that "Customer First" is an attitude that stretches from the ...
Had these folks install a couple of whole home dehumidifiers for me. They were prompt, courteous, professional, and efficient. During the installation, several deficiencies were identified from the previous installers of the existing HVAC equipment and rather than step ...
Excellent all-around generator install experience; the initial call, the sales meeting, the installation guys, the communication, the pricing... everything was/is perfect, I will highly recommend and use Comfort First again without hesitation.