24/7 Air Conditioning and Heating Service in Cary, NC
For over 20 years, Cary, NC has known that Comfort First is the company to call for expert heating and air conditioning repair services.
How much does it cost to have a whole house generator installed near Cary NC?
On average homeowners in the Cary NC area pay around $500 – $3,500 to have a whole house generator installed. This price reflects just the installation cost, not the price of the generator itself. Some factors affecting the price include:
- If the site needs to be prepared and concrete poured.
- If a fuel tank needs to be installed or a connection established to existing utilities.
- Any improvements done to the electrical panel, like adding a transfer switch and new wiring.
- Materials and equipment as well as any permits.
For a free estimate on a whole home generator installation, contact the experts at Comfort First Heating & Cooling today!
Why is my air conditioner running but not cooling my Cary NC home?
There are a number of reasons why your air conditioner is running but not cooling your Cary NC home:
- The thermostat set to ON instead of AUTO, and the unit cannot complete a full cooling cycle.
- The air filter is dirty and is therefore either clogging up the air circulation or has frozen the evaporator coil.
- The outdoor unit is dirty and therefore blocking the expelling of hot air from the home.
- The ducts are damaged and leaking cool air before it reaches indoors.
- The condenser fan is broken or the compressor is malfunctioning.
What to check if AC isn't working?
There are a few things to check if your AC is not working:
- See if the indoor or outdoor circuit breaker has tripped. If yes and it continues to trip, you’ll need to contact a technician.
- Inspect the air filter to see if it is dirty. It could be clogging the home’s air circulation.
- Check for any ice on the evaporator coil and refrigerant lines. If so, turn off the unit and let the ice melt. When you turn it back on, if ice forms again you will need to call a technician.
If you are still experiencing issues with your AC, we can help. Contact Comfort First for rapid expert AC repair services!
Why would I need to get my air conditioner repaired near Cary NC?
Some signs that could indicate you need an air conditioner repair near Cary NC include:
Unusual sounds, like rattling, banging or grinding sounds coming from your unit.
- Higher than usual energy bills with no explanation of why.
- The air blowing from the vents is not cool.
- Strange smells from the vents, like musty or electric odors.
- Any leaks or extra moisture coming from your unit.
How much should I pay for a new HVAC system near Cary NC?
For a new HVAC system for your Cary NC home, you can expect to pay between $7,000 – $12,000, including new ductwork. If you can use the existing ductwork, the price will reduce by between $2,000 – $3,000. The price is also affected by:
- The size of the home.
- The quality of the unit.
- The energy efficiency of the unit.
What a great experience. Each and everyone that we had come out to our home from AJ who helped us pick out the system that was best for our home to the installers the spent almost a whole day ...
Extremely efficient and professional. Took the time to walk me through the process and to answer questions. I would highly recommend Comfort First Heating and Cooling.
Absolutely AWESOME! These guys knew what they were doing, had a plan, and executed it. The customer’s satisfaction was always paramount to any issues that arose. It was evident that "Customer First" is an attitude that stretches from the ...
Had these folks install a couple of whole home dehumidifiers for me. They were prompt, courteous, professional, and efficient. During the installation, several deficiencies were identified from the previous installers of the existing HVAC equipment and rather than step ...
Excellent all-around generator install experience; the initial call, the sales meeting, the installation guys, the communication, the pricing... everything was/is perfect, I will highly recommend and use Comfort First again without hesitation.