Electrical Panel Upgrades for Generators in North Carolina
Serving Durham, Pittsboro, Raleigh, Pinehurst, Greensboro & More
An electrical panel distributes electricity safely and efficiently from the main power line throughout a home. When the power goes out, whole-home generators take on this important task.
If an electrical panel is too old, it can’t support a generator transfer switch, so it will need an upgrade to provide this function safely.
Comfort First Heating & Cooling offers electrical panel upgrades for whole-home generator installations in North Carolina.
You can depend on our technicians to provide expert electrical panel upgrades so you can rely on your generator to power essential devices and appliances like oxygen concentrators, insulin pumps, refrigerators, and more during an outage.
Request an electrical panel upgrade by calling our team at 800-279-4822 today.
What Is a Transfer Switch?
A transfer switch passes the task of electrical power distribution from your electrical panel to your whole-home generator during a power outage.
If your electrical panel doesn’t complete this switch successfully, it could send too much power to your generator, which would immediately burn it out. It could also send power back through the main line, which would endanger the lives of utility workers.
Signs You Need To Upgrade Your Electrical Panel
A professional can tell you for sure, but here are a few signs you need an electrical panel upgrade:
- You have a fuse box instead of an electrical panel.
- Your panel is an older 3-wire, rather than 4-wire, model.
- Lights flicker when you use other appliances.
- Circuit breakers frequently trip.
- You smell a burning odor near your electrical panel.
- You hear cracking, sizzling, or popping sounds from your electrical panel.
- Your electrical panel gets hot to the touch.
- Wires or circuit breakers are rusted.
If your home was built after 1995 and doesn’t have any of these issues, your electrical panel can likely support the transfer switch required to install a whole-home generator.
Start your whole-home generator installation with an electrical panel upgrade if these signs sound familiar. Call Comfort First at 800-279-4822 or request an estimate online.
Benefits of Upgrading Your Electrical Panel
Installing a whole-home generator isn’t the only benefit of upgrading your electrical panel. You’ll also enjoy:
- Fewer tripped breakers: Using multiple devices and appliances in a single area of your home won’t strain your electrical system.
- Increased overall power output: You’ll be able to use more smart home devices that simplify everyday tasks.
- Improved safety: Your home will have a reduced risk for electrical fires.
- Improved energy efficiency: A new electrical panel can save you 10% to 30% on electricity bills.
- Increased home value: If you plan to sell your home soon, upgrading your electrical panel is one of the most effective ways to increase its resale value.
Call 800-279-4822 today to request an electrical panel upgrade in North Carolina.
Choose Comfort First for Generator-Ready Electrical Panel Upgrades
If you’re looking for a reliable generator service provider who can help you through the generator installation process and keep your system in optimal condition with repair and maintenance, reach out to our team at Comfort First Heating & Cooling.
We’ll inspect your electrical panel to ensure it can support a generator, determine your home’s electrical load, and offer you an upfront estimate so you can make an informed decision that works for your home and budget.
Count on our home service company for:
- Upfront pricing
- Great customer service
- Respect for your home
- Highly trained technicians
- Over 50 years of service expertise
Need an electrical panel upgrade in North Carolina? Schedule service with Comfort First by calling 800-279-4822 today.
What a great experience. Each and everyone that we had come out to our home from AJ who helped us pick out the system that was best for our home to the installers the spent almost a whole day ...
Extremely efficient and professional. Took the time to walk me through the process and to answer questions. I would highly recommend Comfort First Heating and Cooling.
Absolutely AWESOME! These guys knew what they were doing, had a plan, and executed it. The customer’s satisfaction was always paramount to any issues that arose. It was evident that "Customer First" is an attitude that stretches from the ...
Had these folks install a couple of whole home dehumidifiers for me. They were prompt, courteous, professional, and efficient. During the installation, several deficiencies were identified from the previous installers of the existing HVAC equipment and rather than step ...
Excellent all-around generator install experience; the initial call, the sales meeting, the installation guys, the communication, the pricing... everything was/is perfect, I will highly recommend and use Comfort First again without hesitation.