A Whole Home Generator To Protect Your North Carolina Home
Hurricanes Are Scary – But You Can Proactively Lessen Their Impact With A Whole Home Generator
You’re sitting at home, enjoying some cuddle time on the couch with your family, watching TV as a storm rolls in outside. There’s a few flashes of lightning; rain starts to ping on your roof. One particularly nasty bolt hits nearby, there’s a violent crack of thunder and for just the briefest of moments your lights go out – but then the moment passes and all the lights are back on. But out your window, you see your neighbors’ homes shrouded in darkness. How is this possible? Because you had the foresight to protect your home with a whole home generator, and it’s currently humming along outside, keeping your home powered.
Hurricane season is almost upon us, and living on the east coast we know how devastating they can be. Unfortunately, scientists predict this season could be one of the worst yet. If the power grid fails, it can take days – if not weeks – to get it fully restored. That’s why it’s vital to take steps ahead of time to make sure your family will have the power you need. A whole home generator from Comfort First can guarantee exactly that.
What Is A Whole Home Generator?
Many people have small, gas-powered portable generators they can use in a pinch. These devices are loud, inefficient and only provide enough power to run a few things – and those things have to be plugged directly into the unit. They have their uses, but their capabilities are limited.
A whole home generator, on the other hand, is an entirely different beast. The units are wired directly into your home’s power grid, and they are fueled with your home’s existing natural gas or propane lines. You don’t have to go out into the storm to start them up; they can preemptively detect fluctuations in the power grid that suggest an outage is coming and power on so they’re ready to take over in the event it arrives. Most importantly, just like the name says, they have the capacity to power your whole home – so when yours is running it will be like nothing is wrong. Every light, every device, every appliance and every power outlet will have power available.
What Are The Benefits Of A Whole Home Generator?
Here are just a few of the things that make a whole home generator an invaluable tool for your home:
- Automatic Power – You don’t have to do a thing. You don’t even have to be at home. If you’ve evacuated because of an oncoming storm and the power goes out, your generator will automatically kick on, keeping food in your fridge and freezer fresh, security lights up and running and providing power to anything else that needs it.
- Whole Home Coverage – Don’t worry about running extension cords outside to a portable generator. A whole home unit is wired into your home’s electrical system, and has enough juice to power everything in your home as if nothing had happened.
- Safety & Security – With everything powered, your security system, exterior lighting and medical devices will all remain on and doing their jobs. It will also ensure your AC or heater remain capable of keeping your home’s temperature controlled and comfortable.
- Fuel At The Ready – You won’t have to head out into the storm for a gas refill. Whole home generators are tied into existing natural gas or propane lines, so they are always fueled and ready to go.
- Food Savings – Keeping your kitchen appliances on means you’ll be able to cook the food you have and preserve all the rest. It’s not much, but it’s still better than having to throw out spoiled food.
It’s Time To Batten Down The Hatches
It’s plain to see how important a whole home generator can be, especially in a hurricane-prone area. If you’re ready to upgrade your home and give your family an extra layer of protection from oncoming storms, then give your friends at Comfort First a call at 800-279-4822 or send us a message online for an estimate. We stand ready to serve!
What a great experience. Each and everyone that we had come out to our home from AJ who helped us pick out the system that was best for our home to the installers the spent almost a whole day ...
Extremely efficient and professional. Took the time to walk me through the process and to answer questions. I would highly recommend Comfort First Heating and Cooling.
Absolutely AWESOME! These guys knew what they were doing, had a plan, and executed it. The customer’s satisfaction was always paramount to any issues that arose. It was evident that "Customer First" is an attitude that stretches from the ...
Had these folks install a couple of whole home dehumidifiers for me. They were prompt, courteous, professional, and efficient. During the installation, several deficiencies were identified from the previous installers of the existing HVAC equipment and rather than step ...
Excellent all-around generator install experience; the initial call, the sales meeting, the installation guys, the communication, the pricing... everything was/is perfect, I will highly recommend and use Comfort First again without hesitation.